Friday, August 20, 2010

How soon after i get married should i send in my application for my LPR?

Im planning on getting married soon and i would like to know how soon should i file my papers?My fiance' got divorced in august 2008 and we want to get married and apply for my LPR.How soon after i get married should i send in my application for my LPR?
It all depends on your status. Are you currently in the US or in your own country? Are you legal in the US or out of status? If you are overseas and planning on getting married in the US, has your fiance filed a K1 visa? Or are you planning to get married in your home country then move to the US? There is no simple answer without knowing your statusHow soon after i get married should i send in my application for my LPR?
Why not file for a fiancee visa?





As soon as you are married you can file for the visa. I wouldn't wait very long as LPR can take a while and you don't want to be in some other country while your hubby is here all alone.
1 day after eating Funyuns.
As soon as you filled in the necessary forms


assuming you are here legally
As soon as you get Funyons

No comments:

Post a Comment