Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How should I act in this scene?

Hi, :)


I'm doing this small play in drama and basically, in the script I'm a young woman (Jessica) on her hen night.. its starts off with a jokes and 'getting to know' the characters and ends up with the old partner (Heather) of the guy (Aaron) my character is marrying stabbing her.


Well, the girl that stabs my character is mentally ill, extremely sad and angry inside.. my character is slightly drunk from the partying and is in a great mood when all of the sudden Heather comes out with a knife.. (They had seen her in the nightclub just glaring at them) the have a heated discussion about Jessica stealing Aaron from Heather, not true, and Jess goes on about how they are getting married and how he loves her now not heather and all that stuff until Jess gets stabbed.





Well, thing is.. should I (playing Jessica) act sad, angry or scared when Heather confronts Jessica with a knife and starts arguing? Should I look like Im fighting tears WHILST being angry..


if not do you have any tips for this kind of scene.. Im only 15 and Im still an improving actress! :D





Thank you!How should I act in this scene?
You should try all of those ideas. Practice with the other people in that scene and see which idea you feel most comfortable with. Think: What would you do in case this happened to you in real life?


My former acting teacher said once: ';Listen, listen, listen. If you listen to what the other actor say, your reaction will happen automatically';. -this takes damn much practice, though.





Good luck!How should I act in this scene?
Well, you act it like any other scene. You create the physical character,(costume, makeup, posture, walk, voice, gesture, etc), then you react honestly and without inhibition to the situations of each moment of the play as they occur, using your lines and blocking to be the expression of your emotions. See Tao and the Art of Acting at my website below.

No comments:

Post a Comment