Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How often do people get married for other reasons other than love?

I know this girl who is in her mid 30s and she once told me she just got married so she could have a baby, which got me thinking, how often do people marry for other reasons besides love? What is the most common reason people get married?





I am not married myself and can not see myself getting married to any girl unless I really love her, so I just want to understand more why people get involved with each other if they do not love each other.





Thanks.How often do people get married for other reasons other than love?
The number 1 reason that I think people get married besides love is because somebody knocked up their girlfriend and they want to do the ';responsible'; thing, which isn't the responsible thing to do at all.


The number 2 reason is probably for money because people are greedy and to lazy to work.How often do people get married for other reasons other than love?
When you consider the rest of the world, I would say many marriages are based on many more things than love. Reading this board tells me that it is not love that drives people: it is getting out of the house. How many of us have screeched not to do it?





And the result?





I'll bet they drop for awhile and then show up on this board telling others not to do it.





.
1.sex 2.accidental pregnecy 3.immigration 4.money 5.games 6.arranged marriage 7.they grew up in a family that considers it bad not to get married so they marry to aviod shame from peers and there family 8.love 9.insurance scam 10.to get pregneat 11.love
I know my teacher in sophmore year, her man reason for getting married was the money, they basicly teamed up to be able to pay off stuff they wanted, and she didnt even believe in love, but i guess there are many reason to get married
mostly when between two is true love , base on different reasons they dont get each other. but it is possible marriage be beause they used to each other base on long term relationship before marriage. different culture can have different reasons.
ummm





vegas marriage.


intimacy.


girl gets knocked up.


immigration.


parents force arranged marriage.





u should look this up on google...
Money. Intimacy. Pride.
People probably marry 99.99% for the wrong reasons. Society is too corrupted.
don't kno of any reliable statistics but if the divorce rates r any indication, probably more often than one might think.
Often due to accidental pregnancy.
many times, usually for money or power
Connection,Intimacy
A lot.
my friend married a guy in the military just so she get more money. i guess it happens all of the time

No comments:

Post a Comment