Monday, August 16, 2010

How long do I need to be married before I can receive my husbands social security benefits?

I want to know how long I need to be married before I qualify for my husbands social security benefits, he is in poor health and I have been married to him 9 years.How long do I need to be married before I can receive my husbands social security benefits?
Doesn't matter for how long you been married, if you read his SS benefits, it's Say's how much spouse will get, doesn't not say anything about how long you have to be married, I hope he feels better. Good Luck!How long do I need to be married before I can receive my husbands social security benefits?
Are you going to divorce him? If so, you need to have been married for 10 years.





Are you going to be age 62? Then you may be able to receive a benefit based on your spouse's record regardless of how long you have been married, as long as you are married to him at the time you receive benefits.





If your husband dies and he qualifies for SS benefits (generally 10 years of work), you may be eligible to receive widow's benefits at age 60. If you have children under 16 when he dies, you and your children may receive benefits regardless of your age.





The Social Security website ssa.gov has answers to similar questions.





You can also call them and ask.
you should have singed up for life insurance. far more profitable
ASAP....as long as you can prove you were living together.
he's in poor health and all you can think of is his $$$. geez, i bet he meets with some unfortunate accident about the year you qualify for the cash, eh?
Dunno, maybe as long as it takes you to boil a bunny...?
Your best option would be to call the Social Security Adminstration and get your information from someone who will know what they are talking about. I am enclosing you a link from Social Security Handbook to read the facts. http://www.ssa.gov/OP_Home/handbook/hand鈥?/a>
...No I ain't saying she a golddigger, but she ain't messing with no broke ni....
5 years I believe. Search for'; socialsecurity.com';
Visit www.socialsecurity.com and find out.
10 years
You have to laugh at those calling you a gold-digger over social security benefits. No gold there. Go to your husbands files and if under 65 such as I am then it is a different answer. If he is over 65 then he is getting his full amount. If under you can be given family or caretaker benefits. I am 49, disabled and after insurance, I get 800 dollars a month and my kids 250 each and this 1300 would not rent a apartment in my California. If she is wanting to know when she can be entitled to survivors benefits it is probably because she has taken care of an ill husband and seen all savings depleted. YOU call social security honey, now.
I was married to my husband for 4yrs when I started receiving his benifits. I am considered the payee. It is not hard to do just go to the government website and follow the instructions
2386895238957t57903473405723895623965923鈥? years

No comments:

Post a Comment