Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I get married to a US citizen without having a social security card?

To get married dont you need to have a ss card? But I am illegal and I want to get married to a US citizen. So How can I get married without me having a social security card?How do I get married to a US citizen without having a social security card?
Marriage laws fall under state and local law, not US immigration law. Because of that, the requirements vary from state to state. What you will need will depend on where you get married, but many illegal aliens have managed to get legally married in the US.How do I get married to a US citizen without having a social security card?
You don't necessarily have to have a SS card to get married. You just have to have proof of who you are---ID card, driver's license, passport. People go to other countries all the time to get married. I got married in a country where I did not live. You just need ID.


However, getting married to a US citizen will not make YOU a citizen. That is a whole different story and you do have to be legal in the US if plan to stay there. The only thing you can do about that now is leave the US and go to where you are legal and apply for residence from there. IF you get deported you will not be allowed to return to the US for 10 years.


Good Luck
I actually got married to a person in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I am an Australian and not an American and was in America as a tourist at the time. It didn't stop our marriage all that I needed was to be able to prove who I was (birth certificate) and to have a photo id (passport and my drivers liscence from Victoria, Australia) and everything was fine. However I didn't end up staying in the country as I did not have the money to file for a new visa for me in time so now I'm back in Australia working hard to be able to get back to the states and this time go through the whole immigration service properly so that we don't get seperated again.
Getting married and immigration are not related. You can get married in a state that doesn't require the SSN.


However unless you are here on a legal visa you can't stay even after you get married.
  • blond hair
  • celeb myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment