Monday, August 16, 2010

How do I get out of going to a wedding over seas?

My husbands sister is getting married this fall. We were told at Christmas in 09. I myself love my in laws but love them more that they live thousands of miles away in Europe if you get my drift.





My sister in laws wedding is not what I thought it was going to be. It's a civil wedding, at a local courthouse, and a casual dinner afterwards. Which is fine. Even if this was a big extravagant wedding I really wouldn't want to go.





Ths issue is money. We have very little to none save for this trip. It will cost thousands in air fare and whatnot. What I would like to do is just send my spouse, but he won't go alone... he already said..if you aren't going I am not.





I love m in laws, but not enough to stay 2 weeks with them in their home. ( we can't afford a hotel, a rental car nor anything else. ) I have been put out by these people coming and staying at our home, having us cart them around, pay for everything and in the end I didn't like the way I felt towards my family when they left..





I think if I dont' go, our relationship will stay as good as it is and I have no issues with not going, but everyone else does.





Advice???How do I get out of going to a wedding over seas?
miss the boat or plane.How do I get out of going to a wedding over seas?
Your in laws are entitled to get married. That is not your concern.


Your husband is entitled to come or go as he pleases. That is not your concern.


You are entitled to conduct yourself in a manner that serves your interests so long as they do not intrude upon another. You have no concern. Do you what you want and let others run their own lives without you.
Just tell them, ';Gosh we'd love to go but we just can't afford it. I really hope you'll come visit us next time you're in the States.'; And then send them a thoughtful but reasonably-priced gift.
If u got kids. Use them as the excuse.





Make up something.





Like a doctors appointment or something.
Its best to be honest, just tell them you cant afford it. You could maybe arrange to setup a webcam video link at the wedding so youll be there with them in a way.
Tell them that you can't afford either the time or the money to go off to Europe just now. But wish them well and tell them your chauffeur will be forwarding a gift for them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment