Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How to get over a bad friendship?

I was best friends with a girl for about 11 years, and a few months ago. We got into a big fight, she likes to believe that whatever I say is about her, or her husband. However she knows that I am the type of person, if I have a problem I'll tell you about it. So, she's recently been telling people that my finace is over 10 years older than I am, which is not true. She also as been saying that I refuse to go anywhere in life. When I am going to college, which doesn't bother me. It's just people are taking her side. Now, we were best friends and I lived with her for pretty much a whole summer. Then she met her now husband and everything changed. She though she was so ';god sent'; because she as only slept with one person and she got married and is now having a child. I had my baby girl out of wedlock, but I couldn't be happier. I'm guessing I'm pretty much saying, how should I get over this? I keep hoping that she'll change. She'll realize she's only becoming something that's not her.. however nothing. She also as been telling people that I don't take care of my daughter enough. What would you do in this situation, should I just forget about her?How to get over a bad friendship?
If you feel it's best to just move on without her, do that. You could also stay friends with her and pretend nothing is wrong, your choice. She doesn't sound like a very good friend, so I'd try to work things out first, and if she doesn't cooperate, then the hell with herHow to get over a bad friendship?
I would say just forget about her, at least that's what I would do. It seems like she is just causing you way too many problems, I mean you really shouldn't have to put up with that in my opinion. What I would say is to like weigh the benefits against the risks of being her friend. For example, does being her friend benefit you more and make you happier more, or does it hurt you or annoy you more and give you a ton of problems? I mean no friendship is perfect but I personally believe that sometimes letting go can be a good thing but ultimately, it's your decision.
well she is obviously a terrible friend i mean unless you did something horrible to her she has no excuse to be treating you tht way!! You should confront her tell her how you feel, tell her to stop her bs, and then leave untill she either apologizes or never speaks to u again. It is worth it b/c having a friends tht bad mouths you only makes u feel worse about yourself and that is uneccesary
Even though you've been friends for 11 years, people often go down different paths. Maybe this is where you part.
Well I recommend you to ignore her and whatever she tells you or says to someone ya too know in common then you should explain to them the real truth and tell he r to please stop doing whatever she is saying because that is bothering you and is messing up your life. Remember that you use to be her friend so be nice and don't get mad at her that her with love and ber fair depending her reaction.
If she was your best friend she would not be saying stuff like


that about you even if you guys had a fall out.The only thing


you can do is just confront her and try to resolve it.Tell her


that you're hurt and don't like the fact that she's doing all this in spite of you


guys being friends for so long.If she accepts it and wants to work things out..


great.But if she continues like that,then forget it and move on.We've got


too many toxic stuff already in our lives and don't need a 'friend' that


acts this way.Sometimes people change and you've got to accept


it and move ahead.Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment