Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How long do I have to wait to file an I-130 for my spouse?

Me and my spouse have been married for a month. He is from mexico and came here legally, but his passport expired in 2006. I want him to stay here with me so I am going to do anything in my power for him to stay by my side. Need your help and adviseHow long do I have to wait to file an I-130 for my spouse?
If you're married and you're a legal citizen, I don't see what the problem is.How long do I have to wait to file an I-130 for my spouse?
you could have filed a month ago. you'll need to file an I-130 immigrant petition, and an I-485 adjustment of status form, plus a I-765 work authorization form and you should file them all together. check out www.uscis.gov for more information and downloadable forms. be sure to go into the form section and read through the instruction sheet for the I-485.
So he came here legally 4 years ago ... but he has been here illegally since ...





I hope you have an old visa in that old passport


because an illegal cannot adjust status in the US
George is absolutely right, your boyfriend will need to re-new his passport at the nearest mexican consulate and have proof that he entered the country legally, so he must retain his expired/stamped passport as proof of legal entry. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment