Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I recently found out my Dad was previously married. Should I be upset?

I don't know how to feel about it. I'm 21.........I was looking in an old photo album and saw weddings pictures of my Dad with another woman. He says they were together for 18 months before they divorced.





When I asked about this my parents didn't care about it or act like it was a big deal......but nobody in my life told me my Dad was previously married.





How should I act about this? At the moment I don't really care but I wonder why nobody told me.I recently found out my Dad was previously married. Should I be upset?
Your dad was once a young person just like you are now.


Look around at the people in your group of friends and pick out a guy who could get into a marriage and end up having it end in 18 months for whatever reason.


So what.


After ___ years, when your friend becomes a father, and ALL HE CAN THINK ABOUT is doing EVERYTHING PERFECT with that amazing little daughter, the *last* thing he probably wants to tell her about is that dumb first marriage.


Get it?


Stop judging your Dad, Sweetie.


xoxoxoxoxoI recently found out my Dad was previously married. Should I be upset?
I am sorry for your pain.





Yes you have the right to be upset because we all look at our parents as role models. I am not in same situation as yours but I am divorced with a baby and I feel that she would feel the same when she will be in your age.





Sisterly hugs to you.





Don't drag this matter and try to forget it. Don't take it in a way that your dad was divorced that think of him as your parents and think of all good things he has done for you.
It's not a big deal. They really should have told you before now though and I can see where this new information may be hurtful. There are alot of people out there who don't get it right the first time around. Just be glad that he met your mom and they are happy now.
I would not worry about it. It was before you were born. They did not find it significant enough to tell you. There are plenty of things that went on in his life and that of your mothers that you will never know.It is not like they are hiding anything some things just never come up or are thought of.
I'm 21 too I found out that my parents got divorced when I was only 2 years old. My Biological Dad moved into barrie and he also works up there too. It seems that he is dating other women. What should I do!! I already have a mother,Step dad, Sisters and Nephews.
They didn't tell you because it wasn't important. My fiance (27) just found out this past fall that his mom was married before. He was surprised, but since there were no children from it, it was just a funny story, he and his mom laughed about it.
it was probably a really big mistake they try to forget.. everyone has a past.. doesnt seem like a big deal to them soo it really should not bother u.. just put urself in his position.. hes probably embarassed as it is, dont dig up the past if they've left it behind.
No one told u because it was none of your business and it still is, if your dad had children from this marriage then maybe u get to ask questions but leave it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment