Monday, August 16, 2010

How to get a green card for my wife? I have just got mine.?

Hey all, I just obtained my Green card, and I intend to get married soon :)


My question is what do I have to do to get my wife a green card? I intend to bring her over to the US.


tell me all the details and how long it takes to do it.





additional details: she's Egyptian, I'm Jordanian. she's 18, and I'm 22. we're Muslims,How to get a green card for my wife? I have just got mine.?
find a playing card and paint it greenHow to get a green card for my wife? I have just got mine.?
That depends, has she got a visa to the USA?, have you checked with immigration on what you need to do to bring her here and if she is qualified to get a green card, you should have some insight having gone through it yourself. Check the INS website.
you can file for now and the visa will take around 4 years to arrive ...





but far better is to wait until you have your citizenship which will take about 5 years


then you can get an immediate visa ..she cannot enter the US to wait for this time to pass..





If you want to be together move to her country
Sorry, bad timing. You have to chose either greencard or wife. You can sponsor your wife, but it will take 4-5 years and she is not allowed to wait in the US.


If you move to where she lives you will not be living in the US and will eventually lose your greencard.





Only other possibility is if she has an advanced degree and can get a work visa on her own. Or maybe she could get a student visa - but she would have to be able to pay the tuition fees and be a serious student. She would need to attend classes and maintain acceptable grades. By the time she gets a greencard she could have a degree.
  • viruses
  • firewall
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment